Signs of Hearing Loss
Hearing loss often occurs gradually as you age. It is very common and affects many people across the United States. You can’t reverse most types of hearing loss, but you can be proactive in preventing further damage to your hearing by visiting your hearing health professional and understanding your type of hearing loss.
Types of Hearing Loss
- Conductive (damage to the outer or middle ear)
- Sensorineural (damage to the inner ear)
- Mixed (combination of the two)
Most Common Signs of Hearing Loss
- Muffling of speech and other sounds
- Difficulty understanding words, especially with the presence of background noise or in a crowd
- Trouble hearing consonants
- Frequently asking others to speak more slowly, clearly, and loudly
- Needing to turn up the volume on the television or the radio
- Withdrawal from conversations
- Avoiding social settings
- Tinnitus can sometimes indicate hearing loss
As mentioned before hearing loss can gradually occur as you age but hearing loss can affect anyone at any age. That’s why it is important to get your hearing checked regularly by a professional.
If you or a loved one has any of these symptoms or questions about hearing health please book an appointment with us today at Audiology Associates of Greeley, our hearing care professionals would be happy to give you a hearing assessment. Once your baseline hearing has established, we’ll talk you through the available treatment options. Give us a call at 970-475-6287 to arrange an appointment, or click here to request one online.