Available Types of Hearing Aid Accessories
Hearing aid accessories include different types of batteries, battery chargers, cleaning kits, storage, and connection devices to help improve your listening experience with your hearing aids. Hearing aid accessories can help you hear the world around you and make the most of your hearing aids. Most hearing aid accessories are optional, but some are recommended to help extend the life of your hearing aids. Here is a list of hearing aid accessories we offer. Consult with one of our hearing professionals to see which ones work best with your hearing aids and what will work best for you.
- Hearing Aid Batteries: Most hearing aids today require batteries. There are two types of hearing aid batteries: disposable and rechargeable. Whichever type of hearing aid batteries you use with your hearing aids, you should keep extra on hand so that you won’t run out. Disposable batteries are available in different quantities.
- Hearing Aid or Battery Chargers: If your batteries or hearing aid is rechargeable, then you will need a battery charger or hearing aid charger.
- Tubing, Domes, and Tips: Different hearing aids have different parts. Depending on which type of hearing aid you have, ask about keeping extra parts on hand so that you won’t be without them if a part needs replacing.
- Wax Guards: Earwax can damage hearing aids and prevent you from hearing properly. Wax guards prevent earwax from getting inside your hearing aids.
- Cleaning Supplies: Most hearing aids need to be cleaned daily and require regular maintenance and cleaning to extend their life. Here are some common hearing aid cleaning tools:
- Hearing aid cleaning brush,
- Wax pick or wire loop,
- Multitool with a brush and wax loop,
- Hearing aid case to protect your hearing aid when you aren’t wearing it.
- Hearing Aid Dehumidifier: Your hearing aids might be exposed to more moisture than they should be if you live in a humid climate, perspire more than usual, or if your hearing aids are regularly exposed to moisture. If this is the case for you, we recommend storing it in a dehumidifier or a dry and store unit at night and when you are not using them. This will help prolong the life of your hearing aids.
- Bluetooth Streaming Devices: Many newer hearing aids are Bluetooth compatible. This means that you can use that technology to connect your hearing aid to your phone, music listening devices, or the television to create a better listening experience.
- Assistive Listening Devices: These types of accessories will help you hear better with your hearing aids in challenging environments where you might still have difficulty hearing. Examples of these environments include loud rooms, classrooms, lecture halls, theaters, and music concerts. Other types of assistive listening devices connect your hearing aids to your home phone, doorbell, or alarm clock and will vibrate to alert you.
- Lifestyle Hearing Aid Accessories: If you are active and into sports, we recommend certain hearing aid accessories that will help protect your hearing aids during those activities. Some examples include sweatbands that prevent sweat from getting in and clips that prevent your hearing aids from falling out during activities.
Audiology Associates of Greeley is Here to Help You with all Your Listening Needs
Have more questions about the types of hearing aids and hearing aid accessories we offer? We can help you find the right accessories for your particular hearing aids and enhance your listening experience. Please contact us at the Audiology Associates of Greeley to speak with one of our hearing professionals. We are here to help you make the most of your hearing aids and take care of all your listening needs.